This space contains information about the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 4.1 release and its service packs and patches.
BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management is a BMC solution that defines and manages the complete lifecycle of resources used by and provisioned into a cloud. It includes customer-facing service requests and a portal for your customers to virtually manage their cloud resources.
Announcement, Sept 7, 2016
Version 4.1 of the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management solution features the following enhancements:
- Specifying a port group in Quick Start
- Selecting a service type when onboarding VMs with Quick Start
- Refreshing IP addresses
- Ability to specify a disk with a 0GB size
- Simplified disk names
- Viewing quota allocated to a user from the My Cloud Services Console
- Adding and associating cost centers
- Support for assigning multiple tenants to a tenant administrator
- OpenStack Provider enhancements
- Enhanced support for Amazon Web Services, including auto-scaling for VPCs and the ability to onboard existing VMs
- Networking enhancements, including custom IPAM enhancements and DNS registration for static IPs, support for the Palo Alto PA-4050 firewall, and integration with Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP 7.3 as a third-party IPAM solution
- Virtualization enhancements, including enhanced support for IBM LPARs (ability to add or remove NPIV disks as Day 2 actions, reuse WWPN adapter pairs and multipathing for NPIV disks)
- Software Development Kit enhancements
- Azure Provider enhancements
For complete information about what's new or changed, see version 4.1 enhancements.
For a high-level overview of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management, check out this video:
Where to start
In the following list, click links related to your role to learn more about how to proceed with this product:
|Cloud end user - using My Cloud Services Console|
|Cloud tenant administrator - using the Tenant Administration Console|